How do I change the forcast location?
- Click on the small 'i' to the right hand-side of the widget to reveal the widget's preferences.
- In the "location or postcode" field enter your location or postcode.
- Click the "Done" button.
- If more than one location is found a menu will appear with a list of alternative locations. Select the one most appropriate for you. Then click "Done" again.
Note: If no locations are found, try a larger town or city close to where you live.
After upgrading the widget appears broken
- In Dashboard click on the BBC Weather widget to activate it.
- Press the keys "Cmd + R" to refresh the widget.
A web page keeps opening when I open Dashboard. How do I stop this?
The web page is opening to notify you that there's an update available for the BBC Weather widget. This was an unfortunate design choice we made in 2006 when v0.9.7 of the widget was released.
If you follow the instructions on the web page (or here) and upgrade your copy of the BBC Weather widget you'll no longer be bothered. The latest version of the widget uses a much more subtle update notification on the widget itself.